Invitation emails are not being sent/received

Ariane Voorbeijtel Cannenburg November 12, 2019

Looks like new users do not receive the invitation email to activate the Atlassian account.

Anyone experiencing the same or is it a setting that is turned off by accident.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

Hi Ariane - Are you sure that the email account was actually setup and operational before the invitation was sent? We have run into that problem before. 

Ariane Voorbeijtel Cannenburg November 14, 2019

Hi John, 

Thnx for your response. I I believe it was already operational.

By now the issue is  resolved so unfortunatly I cannot reproduce the situation.

Maybe it had also to do with the outage that occured Tuesday.......

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

Could very well be the outage. Glad you are no longer experiencing the problem though. Can you click on the Accept answer button so we can close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes
MONIKA MARPAUNG October 25, 2021

Hi John, I'm experiencing the same situation. I keep resend the email to my team, but my team didn't receive the email. If I want to contact the attlassian support, is there any email that I can reach?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2021
0 votes
mobiledev3 May 17, 2020

Hi John, Even I am facing the same problem. My colleague is not receiving invitation sent for a Repository for the last 4 days. I have been re-sending the invitation for the last 4 days now. The email account is a hotmail account and is operational now. May be when I sent the invitation for the first time the hotmail account was not operational but it was active and operational later as we are able to send and receive emails to and from this new hotmail account from other email accounts.

But not receiving emails from Bit bucket. Please look into this issue urgently.

Thanks.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

Hi @mobiledev3  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

My experience has been that if the email account is not ready to receive emails when the initial invite goes out, then Atlassian will blacklist that account.

You will need to contact Atlassian Support to get them to remove the account from the blacklist. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer