Integration of 2 different JIRA software

Danielle Cantrell December 7, 2017

We have a client that has been so impressed with using JIRA for our current software customization project that they want to get their own JIRA license for other projects within their company.  They would like their JIRA  and our JIRA to communicate relevant issues to each other. Is there a way to create the ability to link issues together from different JIRA licenses owned by different organizations?  And if so what are the potential pitfalls (information security comes to mind)

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

While federating will give you a peek into what the other JIRA has, it is not enough for actually syncing the JIRA data. For that, you need to use a synchronization tool like ConnectAll. You will also find a few other add-ons in marketplace.

I suggest you evaluate the different options, probably see a demo of the products and pick the one that works best for you.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

I'd also recommend you (as Jobin) to look into issue synchronization instead of federated Jira instances. In federated instances, you'd usually have the same user base which is probably different in your use case.

Here's also a possible search for various issue syncing apps in the Atlassian marketplace. Since I'm working for K15t, I'd obviously recommend Backbone Issue Sync. If you want to get a demo, drop us a line at support@k15t.com.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hello,

You can connect two Jira instances or more with each other. It is called federated instances. Kindly read the following article. I think it will answer most your questions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/federating-jira-managing-multiple-instances-461504624.html

Suggest an answer