Installed add-ons can not be displayed. Browser shows RoleBasedPricingDialog is missing

Edwin van Dorland April 3, 2019

When we would like to show the installed add-ons, the list of add-ons does not appear. The main content block remains empty.

We are using the path: https://..domain.../plugins/servlet/upm?source=side_nav_manage_addons

In the browser we see the following error appears:

Uncaught Error: RoleBasedPricingDialog missing RoleBasedPricingDialogTemplate
at k (com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:upm-requirejs.js:71)
at i (com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:upm-requirejs.js:71)
at k (com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:upm-requirejs.js:71)
at i (com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:upm-requirejs.js:71)
at com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:upm-requirejs.js:71

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dieter Brouckaert July 8, 2019

Any progress on this issue?

Edwin van Dorland July 8, 2019

Actually I am awaiting an answer from Atlassian.

Please be informed that we are planning for an update to 8.2.x

Regards,

Edwin.

Dieter Brouckaert July 8, 2019

I had the same issue in an (older version).
I've been able to fix it thanks to this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/user-add-ons-not-showing-in-manage-add-ons-777012291.html .

I was working in 'Dutch', after changing my language to 'English (United States) [Default]' I'm able to see the installed add-ons.

Like Edwin van Dorland likes this
Edwin van Dorland July 9, 2019

Thanks Dieter,

The suggested solution did the trick for me as well. I'm happy to tell that this solved the issue.

Like Shannon S likes this
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2019

Hello Edwin,

Welcome to Community! We're glad to have you.

Taking a look at that error, it seems like UPM might be missing a component.

Could you try reinstalling UPM and see if that resolves your issue? Have a look at Installing the Universal Plugin Manager for that procedure, which I will include below.

JIRA applications

To update the UPM file on disk in JIRA applications:

1. Shut down the application.
  2. Remove the existing UPM JAR file from this directory in your JIRA home directory: plugins/installed-pluginsThe name of the JAR file may be prepended with a number, such as: 846688264762062110.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.7.6.jar
  3. Copy the new UPM JAR file into the same directory.
  4. Restart your JIRA application.

Looking forward to seeing how that goes.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

The insturctions has been followed, however the issue is still there.

Is there anything else I can do?

Regards,

Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2019

Edwin,

Thank you for trying that for me. 

Can you please send along some screenshots of the issue as you encounter it, and let us know when you hit this end point?

<base-url>/rest/plugins/1.0/

That will list all of your currently installed apps.

If we are able to get something back from that URL, then there is something wrong with the UI itself.

Regards,

Shannon

atlassian-jira-addons-error.PNG

I would like to send you the json overview of the installed plugins, however the page does not accept these large listings. Can I DM you the file?

{
"description": "This is the plugin that provides the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager.",
"enabled": true,
"key": "com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin",
"links": {
"manage": "https://server/plugins/servlet/upm?fragment=manage%2Fcom.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin",
"modify": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-key",
"plugin-icon": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-key/media/plugin-icon",
"plugin-logo": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-key/media/plugin-logo",
"plugin-summary": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-key/summary",
"self": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-key"
},
"name": "Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin",
"optional": true,
"remotable": false,
"static": false,
"unloadable": false,
"userInstalled": false,
"usesLicensing": false,
"vendor": {
"link": "http://www.atlassian.com",
"marketplaceLink": "http://www.atlassian.com",
"name": "Atlassian"
},
"version": "4.0.1"
},
 {
"description": "Provides an SPI and implementations for role-based licensed plugins.",
"enabled": true,
"key": "com.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin",
"links": {
"manage": "https://server/plugins/servlet/upm?fragment=manage%2Fcom.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin",
"modify": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin-key",
"plugin-icon": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin-key/media/plugin-icon",
"plugin-logo": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin-key/media/plugin-logo",
"plugin-summary": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin-key/summary",
"self": "/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.upm.role-based-licensing-plugin-key"
},
"name": "Universal Plugin Manager - Role-Based Licensing Implementation Plugin",
"optional": false,
"remotable": false,
"static": false,
"unloadable": false,
"userInstalled": false,
"usesLicensing": false,
"vendor": {
"link": "http://www.atlassian.com",
"marketplaceLink": "http://www.atlassian.com",
"name": "Atlassian"
},
"version": "4.0.1"
},
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2019

Edwin,

Can you let me know how you obtained the 4.0.1 version of UPM? In the article I sent you, it directs you to download from Marketplace, but 4.0.1 hasn't been released yet.

Can you do the reinstallation again, but use the latest, 3.0.2, instead?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Edwin van Dorland April 7, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply, This evening I will be able to take care of it.

Regards,

Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2019

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for letting me know! Let us know how the installation goes, and if you can remember, where you got the 4.0.1 installation so we can make sure that source is updated properly with the latest available.

Regards,

Shannon

Edwin van Dorland April 8, 2019

Shannon,

The 3.0.2 was downloaded and put in the directory as per your instruction. However I found the 4.0.1 version. It was still in the ..\plugins\.osgi-plugins\transformed-plugins directory. I deleted the 4.0.1 and the other universal plugin files.

When starting with the 3.0.2 plugin, none of the add-ons were loaded. Parts of the top menu were missing and under the cogs, no add-on administration was listed in the menu.

The 3.0.2 plugin is not supported for Jira version 8.x. It specifies:

Version 3.0.2  Jira Server 7.1.0 - 7.13.2

That's probably the reason why 4.0.1 was showing. It is probably installed when Jira 8.x was installed.

Is there still anything else I can check?

Regards, Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2019

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for getting back to me. Since then, I discovered another bug about 4.0.1 being shipped with Jira 8.x, although it's not compatible.

I've sent this over to the UPM team to see what they say, you might have discovered another bug!

I'll update you ASAP. :) 

Regards,

Shannon

Edwin van Dorland April 9, 2019

Thanks Shannon for the attention you pay to this issue.

Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

You're welcome, Edwin!

I'm working with the developers on this end, so I will be sure to update you with any information I have. They may need some further details from you so stay tuned to this space for that. :) 

Shannon

Edwin van Dorland April 11, 2019

Thanks again.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Edwin,

1. Can you just confirm with me, is this a new Jira installation, or an upgrade?
  2. Is this the Server or Data Center version of Jira?
  3. Have you ever tried to use this feature in the past, and did it work properly then?
  4. Have you made any customisations on Jira?
  5. Are you running behind a firewall or proxy, and does this occur if you bypass?

One more thing - but in your initial post you include your JIra URL. You will want to edit the post and remove the link, because the post is public and we don't want anonymous users to have your URL. :)

Shannon

Shannon,

Please find the answers below:

1. Can you just confirm with me, is this a new Jira installation, or an upgrade?
    It is an upgrade

2. Have you ever tried to use this feature in the past, and did it work properly then?
    Yes, it is necessary to install additionnal plugins, which we have

3. Have you made any customisations on Jira?
    No custom plugins in any way. Customisations like workflows and custom fields we did.

4. Are you running behind a firewall or proxy, and does this occur if you bypass?
    I tested this on the machine itself, but gives the same result. Further Jira works fine, except this issue.

If there further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Hi Edwin,

I also just added one more question from the developer but I don't think I got it in time for your answer. Are you on Server or Data Center?

And from which version did you upgrade?

Shannon

We are on Server.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Thank you, Edwin.

The development team has tried to replicate the issue using Jira 8.0.2 and UPM 4.0.1, but were not able to.

1. When you upgraded, which version did you come from? Can you let us know the exact steps you took to perform the upgrade? 
  2. Can you let us know anything you might have done with your Jira instance between the last time it was working and now?
  3. If you were to install a clean test instance of Jira, same version, are you able to replicate the problem on that instance?
  4. Does the problem occur if the language on the instance is set to english instead of dutch?

It might be that the upgrade caused the issue, so in that case you may want to attempt the upgrade again, by installing a new copy of Jira and migrating your data over to that.

Regards,

Shannon

I will need some time for this and will be able to answer after this weekend.

Hope this is fine for you.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2019

Edwin,

That's fine! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Shannon

Edwin van Dorland April 16, 2019

I talked with my collegue and was suggesting that one of the other plug-ins is teasing us. He noticed that the Slack add-on is also not working.

Can we remove all add-ons and then add them one-by-one?

Which add-ons should be there at minimum?

Are there other issues to take care of?

When the UPM is installed, is there any log which we can analyze if it is correctly installed?

Regards,

Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2019

Hi Edwin,

You can try to enable Safe Mode first. This will disable any extra add-ons and leave the ones installed with Jira.

You can also try this via the REST API.

Once in safe mode you can then try to enable each add-on at a time until you're able to replicate the issue.

Your UPM logs are written to your Jira application logs, so you can check there for any error messages.

Failing that, you can send along the details requested last time, and we can continue to attempt to replicate on our end.

Regards,

Shannon

Edwin van Dorland April 18, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Unfortunately the safe mode did not make any difference. 

Referring to your earlier questions, I switched from Dutch to the English language, then the add-ons / plugins are listed as expected. Then it is working fine.

When it is turned back again to Dutch, the problem is back again.

Is this of any help?

Regards,

Edwin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2019

Hi Edwin,

That's definitely something, thank you for sharing that!

What I'm going to do now is create a ticket in our support queue. This way, you can send us a copy of your support zip and we can have a look into what is causing this.

Please check your email in a few minutes from now and you will find a link to your support ticket.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer