• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight custom field set without field on every JIRA project

Hi,

We have created some insight field and we were very surprised when we see some object with a lot of issue. 

This field has been set for one project. We saw we have a lot of connected jira issues on one object linked to this insight project. This connected issue are mainly from other projects in JIRA. 

I don't see any log of default setting in audit log and activity.

Is there anyone with this kind of issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mickael.

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Nov 16, 2020

Hi @Mickaël Orsolino

I would recommend you to check the settings of your custom field - contexts and default value.  Administration -> Issue -> Custom fields -> Your custom field -> Actions column -> Configurate

Would you please share a screenshot from this location?

The most common case is the context of the custom field is not limited and there's a default value set, which results in the situation, where all the new created issues have this field set up, even though the field in not present on the screen.

Hi @Hana Kučerová ,

I noticed that yesterday.

insightfieldsconf.jpg

On this field, context was global and for all project. However, we didn't set default value.

defaultvalueinsightfields.jpgIt's look like linked to the global configuration.

Can you confirm it?

Regards,

Mickael O.

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Nov 17, 2020

Hi @Mickaël Orsolino ,

thank you. The field is global, but the default value is not set, so the custom field is probably not set during creation.

I recommend you to limit the context of the custom field, but still we need to find out, why there are so many connections.

If you try to look into the issues from the other projects and search through the History/Activity/Transitions tabs, are you able to get information, during which action the custom field was set?

Please, also check the screens for your custom field (Administration -> Issue -> Custom fields -> Your custom field -> Actions column -> Screens) - are these checked screens really only used in your project and not shared with other projects?

Thank you.

HI @Hana Kučerová ,

It's very weird because I don't see anything on the history/Activty tab on each ticket.

Its an example of impacted ticket on a test project:

Impactedissue.png

For the concerned field, I have only two screen associated:

channelsfields.png

On this case, the field is still global. I think it's only linked to the context.

Regards,

Mickael O.

Thank you. Hmmm... this really indicates, that these issues are created with this value.

Please, just to be sure - check the usage of the two screens, which are associated with your custom field.

• Look into project's settings ->Screens
  • Are the "Issue Type Screen Scheme" and "Screen schemes" and "Screens" really not shared with the other projects?

Then please, try to also look to the used workflow(s) in your other projects - are there any (Insight) post functions on the first (create) transition?

You can also check the Audit log (Administration -> System -> Audit log) and try to search for config changes on your custom field (maybe there's been some default value in the past?).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,143 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you