Inline editing not working

Alicia Pena January 7, 2014

I installed the Behavior Plugin, created a marketing group, then changed a custome field to be read only and made an exception for the marketing group. This works for newly created bugs. However, when viewing an existing bug, not even the marketing group can change this field. The field is displayed along with the others but when hovering over the field it does not show the pencil edit icon, instead it says "inline edit disabled". Why can't the people in the marketing group edit this field?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2014

Hi Alicia,

After looking around, it appears that this is currently a bug in the JIRA Behaviour Plugin, there is a lot of topic raised for this in the site, some are:

There is actually a bug report raised for this on the Plugin Vendor Page, and their suggestion is (not a fix) is to enable the beviour only for a specific screen. This problem also appears only affecting to the field that Behaviour Attached to.

For additional information, have the Knowledge Based article for this:

Hope this at least could helps.

Best Regards, Julian.

0 votes
Alicia Pena January 14, 2014

Thank you Julian. I had read that but hoped that maybe you guys had a better answer. Guess I just have to wait for the Behavior plugin update to fix this.

Thanks again,

Alicia

Suggest an answer