Information from one Project to another

Thomas Fritzen June 14, 2021

We have a help desk that create request for issues.  Some can get resolved by the help desk but other need a JIRA ticket. That JIRA ticket will get created in a different Project with a link to the help desk ticket.  Is there a query that I can create in the help desk Project that show the other JIRA ticket that got created.  We want to show some Production issues.  

Thanks 

Thomas. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2021

Hi,
With standard JQL you can implement this for very simple cases as Jack described it.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it but advanced linking scenarios can be implemented using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions.

You can for example show issues from other projects that are linked by your JSM tickets:

linkedByIssueProject = "My JSM project" and project != "My JSM project"

You can check out the full docs here.

Thanks,
Daniel

Thomas Fritzen June 15, 2021

I get this error message.  

Field 'linkedByIssueProject' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

thomas 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2021

Hey @Thomas Fritzen  it's only available if you install our app. The link is in my answer.

Thomas Fritzen July 30, 2021

OK so I have the tool.  I would like to see a matrix.  I have Use Case in this Project and I have Test Cases in another project that links back to the User story. 

So like this. 

Use Case FD-123 Covered by Test Case QA-321. 

Something like that. 

Thomas 

Marketplace Partner
August 2, 2021

Hi @Thomas Fritzen 

You can search for issues that have a link of type "covered by"

linkType="covered by"

and display the linked issues column in Jira search. You'll be able to see the linked issue keys without any other additional information.

This answer explains how to use Google sheets to generate reports with more linked issues information.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Thomas Fritzen , are you using “create linked issue” to create a JSW issue for the JSM issue? If you use the following JQL you could find all JSM issues with links using this JQL…

project = myJSMproj and issueLinkType is not empty

you can then include the linked issues as a column in your results.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events