Information for determining the scale of a Jira Instance

steven.southworth January 16, 2019

If you go to https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/scaling-jira-7-6-939934634.html#ScalingJira7.6-methodology it lists the information that Jira uses to determine the scale of a Jira instance.  This includes the information under "Determining the Scale of a Single Jira Instance" and the "Baseline test jira dataset" table under Testing Methodology.

I can get most of the information listed from the System Info for the Jira instance inside the jira application.

However, I am not sure how to get the following information:

• Number of Agile Boards
  • Number of Board Issues
  • Volume of E-mail Notifications
  • Number of Permissions
  • Number of Users concurrently logged in
  • Number of Concurrent Operations

Is there a place inside the Jira Application where I can get this information?  Are there queries I could run against the Jira Database to get some of it?

Obviously, Atlassian must know how to get this data or it wouldn't be part of their jira scaling testing.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

Dear @steven.southworth,

Number of Users concurrently logged in

This you can query with the Administration->System->User Sessions function

Volume of E-mail Notifications

You best enable Email logging or you grep your mail relay log file for counting

Number of Concurrent Operations

You mean DB operations? Then best with the admin tools of your database

For the other required information, you have a slightly chance (apart from counting in the UI) by querying the REST API - but this will not be trivial.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer