Increase JIRA users count without increasing Agile user count

kgleason March 12, 2014

How can an increase the numbers of users in my JIRA On Demand account without also increasing the number of users in JIRA Agile? I have several internal reporters that need to be able to report and track issues, but don't need access to the Agile pieces. When I go into my.atlassian.comto increase the JIRA user count, it is also adding users to the Agile licensing.

FWIW, I think it is kind of outrageous that I have to have a JIRA license for a user to be able to create an issue and then be able to interact with that issue down the road. Very crappy model, and really makes me question the decision I made to move forward with this product.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2014

JIRA Agile is an add-on for JIRA and as such, both must match in license type and user tier in order to be compatible. The add-on does not store any data, but simply displays information from the stand-alone product in a different interface. There is no separate user management or permission scheme for the add-on, both are dominated by the stand-alone product.

kgleason March 12, 2014

Awesome. I guess I should probably start looking for another solution before we get too far down this rabbit hole. Too bad too cause JIRA seems like it is an aweome product.

Suggest an answer