In the new create issue experience, how do you set which statuses an issue can be started in?

Benjamin Peikes August 24, 2022

In the new create issue experience, there is now the ability to set the initial status. Currently for one of our projects, the only two items in the list which can be selected are "To Do" and one of our other statuses "Planning". All of our other statuses are listed in the drop down, but have a message "Your workflow doesn't allow issues to be created in this status".

Does anyone know:

1) Why do the other statuses show up? It makes the drop down way too long

2) How do you specify that a status is one that an issue can be created in?

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hello @Benjamin Peikes 

How are you starting the creation of the issue? Are you clicking the Create button in the menu bar?

Can you provide a screen image of what you are seeing, where you see the pull-down listing status values?

Typically when creating a new issue there is only one status it can be created into, and that is specified within the workflow for that issue type in that project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

From another post I have just learned of a change in Jira Cloud and I'm now wondering if what you're seeing is related to this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69559

I'm not seeing this change in my cloud instance, but maybe you are.

It would still be helpful in diagnosing your issue if you could answer the questions I posed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events