In rapid board (as a scrum master) I like to be able to move a ticket from "To Do" to "In Progress"

Nariman Riahi July 2, 2012

I am in rapid board and I like to be able to move tickets into In Progress. Sinc eI am the scrum manster and not the assignee, I am not allowed to move the ticket into In Progress. Is there a way to allow this? It is a common scenario when in daily standup people report that they have already started working on something but forgotten to push the In Progress button.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

That is driven by the workflows. The only option is to modify the workflow and provide you the permission to execute that operation. Bt default, only assignee can start the progress.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2012

Yes, you can allow it to a role, then make sure you are in that role. I tend to have a role of "project admin" simply so we can nominate several owners of any project and give them all access to maintain users, versions and components, plus do some things in the workflow that most users wouldn't get.

Nariman Riahi July 2, 2012

Can I provide that permission to the Project Admin? Is there such an option?

Suggest an answer