In my logs I see jql requests that don't make any sense; what do these do?

Deleted user August 17, 2017

For example:

JQL query '{project = "ope"} AND {priority in ("blocker")} AND {key in ("ND-1068")}'

First off the brace ('{', '}') is a reserved character in JQL. So what does it mean here?

And if you ignore the braces, this means nothing since, obviously, "project =ope and key=nd-1068" is a null set (no key in ope would start with 'nd-').

These queries are usually slow and occasionally associated with other problem so understanding where they come from and what they are for would help me understand how to mitigation some of the problems.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Hi Dave,

If you put JIRA in Safe Mode do you continue to see these queries?  If you do not see those types of queries any more you'll need

If you still see those queries you'll need to determine what/who would be making hose particular calls. 

You'll also want to verify the JIRA application Requirements are met and check the CPU load of the JIRA application instance to see if it is high.  If the CPU is consumed by another process (or by a JIRA application), it may be slow to respond.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events