In bulk creation of issues: when Fields loaded with previous set values as Default

sureshksuresh95 January 23, 2020

In a situation like bulk creation of issues:  the fields are loaded with previous set default values. It is good; but few cases especially when the field is Drop-down, I am not able to reset it to blank !!

Ex: When I created an Epic, I linked a sub-task to it; in all my further adding Epics I don't need Link option; but I am not able to view blank option.

There are 'round about' solutions but a SIMPLE one that helps during bulk creation of issues.  Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi @sureshksuresh95  - it might be an adjustment after the fact, but maybe creating a transition that loops back on itself that clears the value of the field. Then see if has not value and has all of the options desired during an edit. This is probably more of a workaround, too though. 

Simplest thing is to not upload the wrong values in the first place, of course.  :-)

sureshksuresh95 January 24, 2020

Thanks John, for the answer.

A small clarification again ?-  Is 'creating transition that loops'  means (from ur answer) , to change the status of issue? means created to --> assign etc. status ? could you clarify a bit more .. thanks in advance.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Here is a link that will guide you on looping transitions:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-to-get-to-the-next-level-in-workflow-design/ba-p/1135968

You don't actually change the status - it just allows you to perform a post function on an issue without changing the status. 

Like sureshksuresh95 likes this
sureshksuresh95 January 24, 2020

Thank you.

It's a good article, really helps I guess.

cheers.

Suggest an answer