In Next Gen Projects do you have to have the description field?

Justin Couto April 30, 2019

It is odd to me that in Next Gen projects you have the ability to completely edit your forms... well, almost!  Can we remove the other fields like summary and description?  I understand that these may be required by jira itself, but at the very least, they should be visible on the form and we should be able to rename their descriptions.

In my example, I'd like to have the following fields for our bug tickets:

• Describe How It Is Working Now
  • Describe How It Should Work
  • Describe How To Reproduce It

Since these fields clearly have all the information we will need for the bug, I don't want a description field.  It only makes the form longer and more complicated.  Can I remove this field?  If not, can I rename it to "Describe How It Is Working Now" rather than have it called "Description"

On another note, I'd also like to omit fields like Flagged: Impediment, and "Linked Issues".  These just over complicate the forms and are not necessary for our needs.  

Can we do these things? 

2 answers

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

I would like this too. Description field optional, and for bug tickets, as you mentioned.

I always report the bugs and using your example in the description, but I have to admit that I would like to have some fields already completed with the " Describe how ...". 

So, I try to add 3 new fields for BUG issue type but the problem is that the text field is not displayed as the description, they are made only for small sentences. So i think the description field is the only field where we can add the bug's description. 

TP board   Agile board   Ninja Coders (1).png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

Unfortunately no you can not do what you are looking to do. Even in Classic templates these fields are system fields that will exist as they are defined.

Suggest an answer