In JSW, I want to send a common message to all the reporters after they create a ticket. How?

Rajeev Das September 4, 2019

My project has moved from from jsw to jsd. we need to notify all users to create a jsd ticket instead. but we cannot delete the project since user would wander for help. hence we want to send them this message as we have stopped accepting tickets in jsw, so create a new ticket in jsd. This message should reach tem once they have created the jsw ticket. how can i do that. Please provide steps that would be helpful.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Rajeev Das - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have to be a Jira System Administrator to be able to modify the Default Notification Scheme. That being said, you can access it through the Issues Administration navigation as the Administrator. 

Or can you get to it by clicking on the Project Settings link in the left panel menu. Then either click on Summary or scroll down until you see Notifications in the panel If you clicked on Summary, then the Notification Scheme link will be on the right hand side.

You need to edit that scheme. Once you open it, you will be able to see the Issue Created event and who gets notified. 

If you still need help once you get there, just post a reply here.

I hope that helps!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

You will need to update the Notification Scheme for the project, to add a notification on the "Issue Created" event, to send a notification to the Reporter.

You may also want to edit the workflow too, to automatically close the issue when it is created.

Rajeev Das September 4, 2019

I am new to Jira. Would it be possible for you to elaborate the answer a bit like where is the notification scheme located for the project and where is the 'issue created' event?

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

There's some info on creating and managing Notification Schemes here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-notification-scheme-938847330.html

You will need to be a Jira Administrator to do this however.

Be careful updating the Default Notification Scheme, as this will affect all projects that use that scheme.  If you only want this behaviour for a single Jira project, then create a new scheme, configure the notifications as you want them, and then apply the scheme to the project (as described in the link).

0 votes
Rajeev Das September 6, 2019

Thanks Everyone! I figured out a project automation where I can do many things even when I am not a System Administrator. I am a project administrator instead. It was simple and just few click away from my desired result. 

Suggest an answer