In JIRA, "View all projects" does not show the latest project avatar as set in a project.

Eric Anderson November 16, 2017

I changed the selected Avatar image within a project.  The revised image shows correctly when viewing the details of that project.  The only known place where the new avatar does not display is in the list from "View all projects".

Is there a way to flush or refresh the avatar images used by "View all projects"?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Eric,

Are you saying that an avatar for a project shows the old avatar from the Browse Projects page below:

image.png

I've tried changing the avatar from both the edit option in the Browse Projects page and the project settings page was not able to reproduce your problem.

Could you try accessing the Browse Projects on another browser to see whether the correct avatar is showing? If the right one shows, it could be something to do with the browser's cache.

Regards,
Lenard

Eric Anderson November 17, 2017

Good thinking!  I had forgotten to consider that.  (It's been a long time since I ran into caching effects like that.)

Refreshing the "View all projects" page with a Shift-Reload (not just a Reload) forces a refresh of the cache and the avator image shows correctly.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer