• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing requirements from Excel (DOORS) to JIRA and Export

Dear Team,

We are having requirements in DOORS. I have exported requirements from DOORS to excel. I would like to import requirements from Excel to JIRA. 

I have following queries:

1. Can I directly export requirements from DOORS to JIRA? If so, how?

2. Can I export requirements results from JIRA to DOORS? If so, how?

3. While importing requirements from Excel to JIRA, I would like to import the column SRS ID. This ID is from DOORS. I would like to have this DOORS ID in my issue in JIRA? Which custom field I need to use?

I will be looking forward to hear soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Meghana

2 answers

Hello, take a look to the following apps to integrate both tools

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215185/sync-ibm-rational-doors-with-atlassian?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211035/agosense-symphony?hosting=server&tab=overview

Hopefully one of those should take care of items 1 and 2.

For question 3 I would go with a single line custom field to import that value, I would suggest a name like external ID do you can reuse it in a future if ever needed

Thanks for answering my queries.

Regarding the question #3, I have tried to add column “external Id” and imported to Jira. But i could not see those fields what I have imported. I did some settings. But still I could not see the field i have imported. 

kindly help me in viewing this field on jira issue as it will be very much beneficial.

Regards,

Meghana

If you created the custom field and mapped it on the import you should check that the field is listed on the view screen of the project you are using. If you already did, send me some screenshots to help me understand the settings you have done so far.

@Meghana_H sorry for the delay. Is the custom field available on the screens? There is no need to make it required on the field configuration.

Also, are you running the import as a standard user or as an administrator?

custom field what I have created is not available on the screen during the import.

Fields.png

I tried to find my field, though I have added in my view. I cannot view it.

Field2.png

I think I am running a standard user. Do I need to import as Admin?If so, how can I import as admin?

Thank you. I will check and get back to you.

Is it possible to import 5000 plus issues in JIRA?

Yes, that shouldn't be an issue but in case it is try doing several imports with less issues per import

I have created the "Custom field" for External ID.

I also made it as required field in "Field Configuration" and made it global.

While importing from csv to JIRA, I cannot find the custom field I created.

Help me in mapping the column to JIRA field.

CustomField.pngFieldConfiguration.pngMapCSVFields_To_Jira.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,664 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you