Importing Project Produces Eternal Status Bar

Andrew Gervase November 1, 2019

While trying to import a Schema, the progress bar never gets beyond zero.

My steps:

Click on:

Gear, Manage Apps, Import Projects (left side-bar), Browse (select my XML file), Import Options (check:  First run a simulated configuration import, Create other projects, smart custom field contexts),

Finally I click on Import Project Configuration and all I get is:  Progress unknown, 0 seconds elapsed.  Starting . . .

And that's all that happens.  Ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please, follow the steps below in order to properly troubleshoot the problem and better understand the error returned when trying to import a new project in your JIRA instance:

1 - About the XML file you are trying to import, was it generated from another Jira instance or manually created by you? 

2 - If it was exported from another JIRA instance, please make sure it was in the same version as the one you are trying to import the file to

3 - If you have manually created the file or exported from a different application, please export any project from your current instance and compare it with your current file, making sure its structure is correct

4 - Check what are the errors returned under your Atlassian.logs and provide us with this information. P.S: Make sure you removed all the sensitive information before posting the logs in this community question

Let me know what results you got from it.

Andrew Gervase November 5, 2019

Hi:

Thank you for your reply.  My responses provided below:

1.  The workflow schemas were generated from another (different) Jira instance.

2.  The schemas were exported  from Jira version 8.1.0 and our version of Jira is 8.3.3.

3.  Schemas were generated in Jira, so N/A.

4.  The only thing the logs were reporting was "no changes would be taken place at this time". 

I'll continue scrubbing the logs, but literally now errors are being reported.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your answer.

For now, I would try the following tests:

1 - The ideal scenario would be to import the XML to an instance in the same version.  That being said:

- Try to import the XML file in a JIRA instance 8.1.0,

- Upgrade it to 8.3.3 

- Export the file again and try to import it in your current instance

2 - It is not a very common behavior to don't have any logs about this failure. Please, let the Atlassian.log open and perform the import again to see if any error happens in real-time.

Andrew Gervase November 13, 2019

It appears that our problems have been mitigated since upgrading Firefox from 42 to 60!

Thank you very much for your input.

Suggest an answer