Import validation error - custom field require options that do exist

Trine Ahlburg November 26, 2017

Hi All

During import of a project I get this error:

The custom field 'Found During' requires option 'Component Test (CT)' for the import but it does not exist in the current JIRA instance.

Before importing the project I created the custom field "Found During", by copy/paste to make sure the content are identical. But I still get this error.

I've created and deleted it again, same result. I have 3 other custom fields with the same issue.

How can I get by this?

Error Message + Target and source field configuration:error message when importing.PNGTarget server.PNGImported from this.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Villanueva October 25, 2018

Hi Guys, has this been resolved? I'm stucked on almost the same scenario as well with the custom fields

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2017

Can you check that your import data is purely bugs (or whatever the red square icon is for) going into the NPS project?  There's no issuetype or project column in the data?

Hi Nic

Yes, the field is only used with issuetype BUG (red square) in the importdata. It's used in 440 issues all with the issue type BUG.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2017

Ah, ok, this error usually happens when the data in a CSV file is a problem, which is why I asked about "columns".  I skimmed over the "project import", and made the wrong assumption.

However, this does suggest something similar.  In the source project, is the configuration identical?  The field only exists for Bug in that project?

Yes they are identical. There is only one project in the import file. which I've installed on a separate server so I can check that configuration is the same.

Suggest an answer