Import CSV failed : user does not exist... but it's the project lead !

Thibault Trinh Van Dam August 27, 2019

Hello.

I tried to import a list of tasks with the CSV Importer. Anytime Reporter or Assignee is sourced, the task creation fails.

I used the form first_name.lastname but I also tried with ID number and mail adress. Each time Reporter or Assignee is not empty, the import fails.
Even when R or A is... the Project Lead.

For a brief history, one of my teammates succeeded in importing these on 27th of June 2019. She tried today : same errors as me.

On the screenshot, you can see the error message when I tried to import with the form first_name.lastname .

Can somebody help us solving this mystery ?

2019-08-26 17_12_17-External System Import - Solution B.I.png

Thanks,

TTVD

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LQ2 September 2, 2019

https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JRACLOUD-72811

it was mentioned (3 days ago) the planned release shall be “mid next week” 

the irony... a test mgmt tool with such a critical bug in their release.

Thibault Trinh Van Dam September 6, 2019

The fix is now live !

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72811

I just tested and it works.

3 votes
Michael.gallaugher@ohiohealth.com August 27, 2019

I'm experiencing the same issue with Jira cloud.  It has worked in the past.  I tested several formats and received the same error with one exception.  

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User 'first.last' does not exist. ]
  • Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User '5b8ee8axxxxxxxxxx37286b5' does not exist. ]
  • Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User '"first.last"' does not exist. ]
  • Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User '"first.last@domain.com"' does not exist. ]

In the one error message a key is displayed instead of the text value from the csv.  This tells me Jira does have the assignee but there is a defect in the logic.

Thoughts?

Thibault Trinh Van Dam August 28, 2019

As you experienced, I had the same issue... and the same defect in the logic.

How can a user NOT exist and see its name replaced in the error text by the exact ID (proof that it exists) ?

By the way, is there anything to do to involve the Jira support in this excessively annoying subject ? I'm pretty new at this.

Thibault Trinh Van Dam September 2, 2019

Hello.
Have you (already) posted a request ?
I cannot see this request (permission missing).
Can you update us on the feedback you received ?

Thks,

hannah_worsley September 2, 2019

It's raised - just waiting approval from JIRA so hopefully will get some attention.

Would be good when its approved to get some upvotes to gain some attention!

Like Thibault Trinh Van Dam likes this
2 votes
mfross August 28, 2019

We are experiencing the same issue; our imports also had worked previously but we are no longer able to import the Assignee.  Tried again this morning, still receiving the errors noted by the 2 other users.

0 votes
Hans Van Damme May 10, 2021

If you don't have too much assignees, this workaround can work: load the assignee name in the "label" field. Then, you can put a JQL filter on label, and assign the tickets assignee by assignee. I think this is a little more efficient than making separate uploads by assignee.

0 votes
Jakub Cígl February 17, 2021

This is not normal.....Atlassian omg is it so hard to fix it??

0 votes

Same problem!

Is there a ticket for this?

0 votes
LQ2 August 28, 2019

Seriously... spending hours troubleshooting this...

JIRA vendor must have changed something!!

I tried an invalid account say "First Last" :

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User 'First Last' does not exist. ]

However when I try a valid account say "First.Last"

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User '5bc076b54a8a24512aa89f6e' does not exist. ]
0 votes
Dawn Kirspel August 28, 2019

We've had the same issue.  I tried all of the things other posts suggested and same issue.  Hoping support jumps in with a resolution!  

Suggest an answer