Impact of Project archiving on Tempo Timesheets

Celeste Momsen August 20, 2020

With relation to the article in the link below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/archive-a-project-1013843066.html?utm_source=special-offer-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jsw-premium-ca2-p4j_EML-7324&jobid=104744151&subid=1519327440

Does archiving JIRA Cloud projects have an impact on the Tempo Timesheets?

i.e. if I archive a project against which time was logged (via Tempo), will I still be able to view these timesheets after the project is archived?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2020

When a project is archived, the worklogs are not deleted, but they are no longer visible in Tempo Reports.

Celeste Momsen August 20, 2020

Thanks. I can somehow still see them in my Tempo Reports. Doubtful that we will need to access this info again but if needs be, we can remove it from the Archive.

Thanks!

Brody December 8, 2022

Based on Tempo's KB, I don't believe this is the case any longer

Archiving in Jira Data Center and Cloud Premium/Enterprise and how it affects Tempo Reports (Timesheets, Planner) 

"Archived issues with time logged against them will all continue to show up in My Work, Resource Planning view, and Logged Time Reports. These worklogs will continue to be visible after an archived issue is restored again too.

Even if the issue is archived, Tempo still has direct access to the Jira object in the database, so that link is preserved."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events