Image from tableau sent as alert to Jira service project, loses the image viewability once created

Jeroen Rozenberg October 22, 2021

Hi there,

Please anybody, who can help me understand what is going on here. I have in Tableau created an alert which sends out a report directly to a Atlassian Jira Service Project. The alert includes and image of what is happening in our data at a certain moment. 

The e-mail is sent via their e-mail solution provider Mandrill. In Jira the image is received, I see there for a split second an icon showing the image was attempted to be accessed and the icon then disappears.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 154959 New Site Alert.png

I can hover over the area where the icon was, seeing it's clickable but that's it. No icon showing anymore unless I refresh the page, but again for only a split second. If I click on the area it takes me to a black/blanc image view page.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 155413 Blank-Black image page.png

Where as the image I am looking to capture is not loading (assuming this is the same image).

If I have the alert sent to my Outlook application on my PC from Tableau, and then forward from my Outlook to the Jira project (it shows it adds the image to the e-mail, it does show the image in Jira. See below image. I can click on the image and it expands so I can see the results of the alert clearly.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 160157 Forwarded alert.png

What can I do to make this work directly from Tableau and not have to have the alert forwarded to my Outlook (which now needs to be open and up and running 24/7)?

Is there a setting in Jira that can accept the images sent from alerts of Tableau?

If I go to the e-mail log and download the message, I can see the image, when it opens up in my Outlook application. If I forward it to find out the image type it says "Portable Networks graphics". Could that be the reason it's not saved in Jira.

Can this be fixed please?

Screenshot 2021-10-22 161119 image type.png

Appreciate the help and patience reading my long request.

JR

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events