If status updated date less than 10 days how to auto update transition to done

kanaka prasad ponnuru April 19, 2021

Hi Team,

If status updated date less than 10 days how to auto update transition to done.

For example we have a status called "Need for information" status if it is not updated more than 10  days then automatically update status as done

Can someone please help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

There is an "updated" field but that ones keeps track of any update. I usually use that field for what you are trying to achieve. Then you only need to filter on: updated < -10d

There is no date field keeping track of the latest status update. But Jira does keep the history of status updates on each ticket so with scriptinng or perhaps another plugin you could retieve that information. It will require more effort of course.

An easier alternative is to use an automation rule and use a custom date field. Your trigger for the rule would be any status change. And the action is to fill out the current date in the date field. Then you can filter for "your custom field" < -10d
But there is a pitfall: for cross project automation rule there is an execution limit in standard plans. So if you need this for more than 1 project you will definitely hit the boundaries quite soon.

kanaka prasad ponnuru April 19, 2021

Hello @Charlie Misonne ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes, I have tried this automation but what I have to select starting event here if I select issue updated event no one will update the issue then the rule will not work.

Kindly suggest me the starting event selection or else please paste the rule details here.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hi @kanaka prasad ponnuru

I'm quickly answering on my phone.

You can use the Issue transitioned trigger. And if you do not specify any status it should work for any status change.

Suggest an answer