If i already have jira installed on my system can i install bitbucket on this system?

Alexander Danilenko April 1, 2019
If i decide to have both jira and bitbucket on the same system would not it be the case that i end up with two java web servers running on my system? Can your software combine two services (jira and bitbucket) under one instance of java web server or it can not do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hello,

You should have two different web servers: one for jira and one for bitbucket. Basically just follow a standard installation of Jira and Bitbucket and you will have it.

Alexander Danilenko April 1, 2019
  1. Thank you for a very fast answer. As far as i know each instance of the java web server needs about 4 Gb of RAM. So in order to have both application running on my system i need to have at least 16 Gb of RAM on it? Am i right right or am i wrong?
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Jira can run on 2GB on small instances and Bitbucket can run on 2GB. It all depends on your load. In this case 6Gb or 8Gb total memory should be enough

Alexander Danilenko April 2, 2019

What you have just said is not true at least in my case. I have just installed my jira 2 days ago so it has almost no user data yet. However jira was shutting itself down every 30 minutes due to RAM shortage and i had to upgrade my system from 4 to 8 Gb of RAM. Except jira this system right now runs only one simple site made with Drupal 7 and served by Apache 2.4 .Are you sure that my system will be able to handle jira and bitbucket together on 8 Gb of RAM?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

I'm running Jira and Bitbucket fine on a server with only 6Gb RAM.  They're for a small number of users, but quite old, with not an insignificant amount of data.

How many users, issues, repositories and code do you have?

Alexander Danilenko April 2, 2019

For now i shall have only one repository. It is a big site written on haskell which makes use of keter and yesod.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2019

I ve seen Bitbucket servers with 100 repos running on 2Gb.

Suggest an answer