If I convert subtasks to task issue types, will I lose any data from the original subtask?

LaTanya Limbrick October 18, 2021

Please advise how I can convert subtasks to task issue types without losing any data.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

You will always lose "what the parent was", because issues don't have a parent, but all the other fields will be kept (even if they're not on screen), as long as they have "context" for both issue types.  

If for example, you set up a field called "wavelength" that only exists on "technical tasks", and another called "frequency" that is global, then fill them both in on a technical task, then move it to an issue, it will lose the value for wavelength.

You can check the field contexts from Admin -> Custom fields -> each field will list what project/issue-type it belongs to.

Also, it's not totally lost - all the old data (including parent) will show in the history of the issue.

Suggest an answer