IT Service Desk template

William Miller October 20, 2017

I installed the Jira Service Desk option, but I do not have the IT Service Desk template, when going through wizard to setup project.  Can someone help me get the template or tell what I should do to get that option.  Following the direction for initial setup, it states that I should see an option for Basic Service Desk - IT Service Desk, which I do not see.  I'm sure I downloaded Jira IT Service Desk option.

Thanks In Advance

William Miller (NeWBIE)

1 answer

0 votes
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi William,

When you create a new project do you see any of the Service Desk options? There are three different templates there for Service Desk.
Basic, Customer Service and IT Service Desk

If you don't see any of them there may have been a problem installing or starting Service Desk.

Go to the Jira Administration(gear icon) -> Applications

On this page you should see Service Desk if it is installed and licensed.  

If Service Desk is there, next verify that all the components for it are running.
Go to Jira Administration(gear icon) -> Add-ons -> Manage Add-ons. Change the drop down to show All Add-ons and scroll through the list looking for everything with Service Desk in the name.

If you see any grayed out its likely there was a problem starting Service Desk.

You can try uninstalling Service Desk and reinstalling it from the Jira Administration -> Applications page. You may also try just restarting Jira. Beyond this we will want to look in the atlassian-jira.log and atlassian-servicedesk.log to see if there is any explanation for why Service Desk is failing.

Hope this gives you a place to start!

Best regards,
Brian

Suggest an answer