I would like to change a automation project rule from project specific to global.

Rob May 29, 2020

I copied a couple of rules and made minor changes and want to make them global. When I go to global admin I dont see an option to make these rules global. Please advise...thank you

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

Hi Rob,

You should be able to go to the Rule Details page and change it there. 

Rob May 29, 2020

Hi John

I already tried that...and there is nothing there. Going to global admin does not allow any thing either

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times as well. Usually, I can just refresh the page, and it will come up for me where I can change it. 

Rob May 30, 2020

Ok..refresh didnt work but after some trial and error ...it appear you need to open the automation you want to change and go to global admin. Then select from the side column "all rules" find automation you want to change. there you can change the scope to global or multiple projects. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2020

WOW, that's a lot of steps! Did it get you what you needed?

Rob May 30, 2020

Yeah I’m good now

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2020

Great!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events