I would like to add a new column to my jira board

Emily Hill April 3, 2019

So my board is strange. It is a business board. Which in the past I have been able to add columns on no problem but this one won't let me. When I go to board there isnt any setting options or the three dots at all. The only thing it will let me do is add a card. I am an administrator for the program and on the project. 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

Hi Emily, the answer really depends on what you are looking at. For example if you are on cloud then a Business project will have a default kanban-like board (let's not call it a kanban board). This board is not configurable. However, you can create your own Kanban board where you can configure as you are likely used to. One thing to note is that you cannot associate the "Location" of this created board directly to the project. You have to select your profile for the "Location". Then you can add a link to that board in the sidebar. Be sure to share the board w/ your project team too.

hope this helps. If not please post a snapshot of what you are looking at.

Suggest an answer