I want to update the test case status in jira based upon my selenium test result through API.

Atheena Sanam January 5, 2021

I am automating a website using selenium webdriver with java, I want to write the result "Pass" or "Fail" in excel sheet. How can i automate the reporting of a failed test case in JIRA by taking the status from excel sheet.

1 answer

0 votes
Jurn van Mieghem January 6, 2021

To show the result of test cases I assume you need to use one of the unit parsers (like JUnit). If you're test suite can write an excel file I would expect/suggest to write a JUnit XML file. With that XML and the JUnit parser, you can have your reporting of failed test cases from Bamboo.

Atheena Sanam January 6, 2021

Hi

Could please assist me, How to build the bridge between Selenium and JIRA for updating the test result status in Zephyr. I have done Selenium-Jira integration via Jenkins. But my actual requirement is to do the integration with API. Through postman, I have checked my URI and I could update the test case status in JIRA through postman. Next step, I want to proceed is, Integration of Selenium framework with Zephyr Jira and need to update the status in Jira based upon the selenium java framework test result.

It would be great if you can help me to integrate Zephyr for JIRA with Selenium(Java) using REST API.

Thank you

Jurn van Mieghem January 7, 2021

Hi Atheena

I did not know you wanted to integrate with Zephyr. There are already some questions answered that should cover your issue;

maybe have a look at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/quot-Zephyr-with-JIRA-quot-integration-with-Selenium/qaq-p/343966

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events