I want to see a GANTT view or other module view in Big Picture that shows sprints then tasks

Fred W May 14, 2021

I want to see a GANTT view or other module view in Big Picture that shows sprints then tasks.

I have successfully brought the scope of our sprints in Big Picture but I can't get it to show a GANTT view that shows each iteration with it's constituent issues. I also have trouble getting most modules to show anything in a readable way.

Can I suggest that you put more how to videos on your web site etc. Yes you have documentation for Big Picture 8 but that's not exactly intuitive. Some of the best info I have found for big picture 8 is on other peoples sites.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Fred W

I am happy to hear that you decided to use BigPicture.
In the Gantt module, you can create a no-limited number of WBS levels. Task Structure can be created based on both build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) as well as links.

Once the scope of the Box is created, you can build WBS based on sprints in 2 steps.

1. Please go to Box Configuration >> Tasks >> Scope Definition and select what types of issues you want to display in your project. In this specific case, please select Sprints, as on my image below:
    image - 2021-05-17T152635.119.png
  2. Please go to Box Configuration >> Tasks >> Task Structure and enable adequate structure builders.

image - 2021-05-17T154438.033.png

The task structure or hierarchy within a Box will be generated automatically by the App.

Here you can find the video tutorial presenting how to create desired task structure (WBS) in BigPicture/BigGantt. In this dedicated youtube playlist, you will find several tutorials regarding other modules as well. Moreover, if you would like to know more, feel free to join one of our bi-weekly, free webinars

If you have any specific questions, just tag me! I will gladly provide you with answers.

Fred W May 18, 2021

Thank you for that, seems to look better, although my sprints seem to be in the middle of my backlog items, as opposed to up the top of the gantt where they would be more useful?

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2021

@Fred W, everything depends on your particular needs. Please, be informed that you can manually move Sprints and place them in the most suitable place. 

Suggest an answer