Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to leave a project but I can not do it myself

I have the same problem.

I just wanted to leave a project in Jira and don't hear from that anymore but I can't. You just said that ask your project admin to remove you, but I believe it is my right to leave each project that I want.

1 answer

3 votes

Hi @Sarah Talebi and welcome to the community.

Not sure that you posted your question in the right place, but I'll proceed by assuming that you did. Obviously, someone told you that you should contact your Jira Admin (but I'll add "your Project Admin" as well) so that he/she will remove your from the projects you want to be removed. This is how Jira works and the person who told you that was correct.

Now, onto the GDPR of things. Obviously you have any right to choose anything you want to do in life. But if you are using Jira for work, and your employer asked of you to participate in certain projects, then perhaps you should.

In any case, as your project admin and jira admin to remove you from any project you wish to be removed.

Regards,

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,236 views 35 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you