I want to find all issues that don't have "covered by" issues linked

John Day December 10, 2021

I have the RTM plugin installed in my Jira and I am trying to write a filter to show me all of the Functional Requirements that do not have associated Test Cases. Here is the JQL that I thought would work but it is still showing functional requirements that have test cases.

issuetype = "Functional Requirement" AND issueCoveredBy = EMPTY ORDER BY key DESC

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

In Cloud you need do this through an add-on.  I use Structure - ALM Works , but it's not something you do with JQL in Cloud Jira.

I believe there are probably some JQL-extending add ons as well, we just happen to have structure installed and it was instrumental in me figuring out a mess of old/unused link types.

John Day December 13, 2021

I was able to query a specific issue using the "issueCoveredBy".

issuetype = Story AND issueCoveredBy = HH-1457

It looks like it just does not work when you are querying for the "EMPTY" set.

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

issueCoveredBy isn't regular jira syntax, so you must have something else installed (an addon maybe) to do that.

Glad you found an answer though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events