I want to filter Completed-Stories (Done) which were failed by QA or UAT before completion.

Muhammad Fayyaz June 1, 2021

Hello Everyone, 

We are wondering to create a report for previous-sprint stories which were 'DONE' but failed QA or UAT before that, report may include comments of the stakeholder who failed it.

We want to analyze any patterns or other reasons for failing to improve our process.

Thanks for your time and advice in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi Muhammad,

How did you notate that the story had failed QA or UAT? Was there a value set in a field? Or was it moved to a different status? 

Hi John,

Yes, it was moved from QA status to Failed status, with some notes in the comments.

Thanks for looking into it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Great - thank you for the updated information. Maybe try a JQL like:

project = ABC AND status = Done and status was in ("Failed") during (2021-05-01, 2021-05-31)

You don't have to include the during and dates at the end. I just thought it would help if you had that requirement. 

I will try and update my experience here.

Regargds.

Like John Funk likes this
Muhammad Fayyaz June 2, 2021

Hi John,

I am a beginner in JIRA, tried some places to input the above query but I could not get to the right place. Would you mind sharing a screenshot?

Thank you.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Click on the Search box in the top navigation bar

screenshot.png

Then click on Advanced Issue Search

Then click on Switch to JQL

screenshot1.png

Then paste the query above in. Change the project and any date information to be for what you need and click on Search.

screenshot3.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events