• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I want to enable the global sidebar in JIRA to access "People"

Using JIRA cloud (core), I can use the global sidebar navigation to access "people" in addition to users and groups. For example: https://cpr-dei.atlassian.net/people/

My on-premises JIRA software instance does not have the global sidebar nor does it have an option for "People".

How do I enable this?

Thanks,

Nick

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Nick,

The cloud and on-prem versions of Jira are quite different, also in terms of their appearance. While Jira cloud has the global navigation bar, the on-premise solution has the top navigation bar and project side navigation bars.

What do you want "People" to point to?

Have a look at the STAGIL Navigation app for Jira: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216090/stagil-navigation-for-jira

This app lets you fully customize the top navigation and project side navigation bars in Jira on-prem. You could then create your own "People" menu item and configure it.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel.

STAGIL Nav looks promising.

As for "People": The cloud version appears to have "People" and "Groups" built-in.

So it's basically using a directory of some kind - as you add Atlassian users, they become visible in the directory (avatar, job title, contact info, etc.) and can be assigned to groups and projects. It's a really cool feature, but doesn't seem to ship with the on-prem version.

True, the on-prem version only includes the user management which you can access in the global administration (with the basics like user name, email, groups, etc.).

However, there are some add-ons for Confluence server available that give you the ability to create a much nicer people directory incl. information like job titles, contact info, hobbies, org charts, etc.

With STAGIL Navigation you could simply add a top navigation link in Jira that points to the people directory in Confluence and call it "People".

You can search for "Confluence profiles" in the Marketplace. The only app that I have used so far is Profiles and Skills.

Best,
Daniel
STAGIL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,396 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you