I want to add reports on Jira dashboard as a gadget. How I can do this?

Praveen Gupta January 29, 2018

I want to add reports on Jira dashboard as a gadget like Control Chart.

Because most of the reports(charts) gives a nice view about the teams.

How I can do this?

16 answers

15 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

What kind of reports do you have?

Reports available in the Reports section of Project.

Like:

Control Chart

Pie Chart Report

Workload Pie Chart Report

Like # people like this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

You can not add the reports to dashboards. Try to look for similair gadgets or add-ons.

Like Daniel Jurawan likes this

Can we add customized gadgets on JIRA dashboard apart from available in Add Gadget list?

David Hanson May 30, 2018

Adding reports to the dashboard would be a very welcome addition to Jira.  In my case, I wanted to add a CFD chart to our dashboard, but was disappointed to find the reports were not available as gadgets.

Like # people like this
Katie Guernsey July 17, 2018

I know! Seems like an easy win. A dashboard SHOULD be made up of reports!

Like # people like this
Tom Leser November 29, 2018

Any updates on this from Atlassian?

Like # people like this
Manisha Kode February 19, 2019

I would like to see this too as Katie said dashboard is made up of reports

Like # people like this
Alex Golendukhin August 22, 2020

I was looking for the same thing, and I'm surprised that Atlassian did not enable such a functionality OOB up to now.

Like # people like this
9 votes
Zhou JIANG February 14, 2019

Can some one (at) a right person on this issue?

same here, this concept is perfect for project manager to show management the real-time project advancement using existing JIRA SW reports.

Grouping these reports as a dashboard is natural to use and management is familiar with such existing diagrams.

Dana V. Baldwin October 18, 2022

Agree. Giving my leaders a dashboard is better than a meeting but they need to see release date estimates in real time. Version Report is a must for this.

I'm add links for now.

DUMB.

5 votes
AnthonyH January 4, 2019

Atlassian. Please address this request. The feature is very useful.

Thanks for acknowledging

Abdelali Boumalek April 15, 2019

any news about this topic?

3 votes
Venkatesh Prasad August 21, 2019

Hi Atlassians,

When will you add this feature in Jira ?

1 vote
Sergiu Dobrovolschi November 8, 2019

I've been waiting for this feature for a long time. But I can also give a reason to why Atlassian isn't doing this. Jira is a product but also meant to be a platform. Atlassian provides the basic functionality and for more advanced feature you need to shop around on their Marketplace where you'll find for sure a plugin doing exactly what you need. There are different "paid" plugins that you can use to include reports in a dashboard and if Altassian were to implement it and give it "for free" it would compete with it's own Marketplace.

Donald Jodon February 25, 2022

Huh?  They already provide the reports.  They already provide the dashboards. We're not asking for additional reports, just allow us add the existing ones to the dashboard!  No competition to the market place there.  Just saving time to access existing features of Jira that exist today.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Daniel McRae September 17, 2019

Yeah, me too. This should be a no-brainer to add reports to the dashboard!

1 vote
Missy Ann Mathews July 17, 2019

The gadget 'Filter Result' is closest solution I could find for this requirement. 

1 vote
Brett Hone July 17, 2019

For what it's worth I would like to see this feature as well.

1 vote
Missy Ann Mathews July 9, 2019

Following this thread. Eager to get reports embedded in dashboards. The gadgets available today cannot be customized to how we want to track health of the projects

1 vote
Chris July 1, 2019

Echoing others- was very surprised to learn that you cannot have reports appear on the dashboard.

1 vote
Sanju Mathew June 12, 2019

I highly recommend adding this feature! It's quite frustrating being unable to view project reports in a dashboard.

0 votes
Pisit _King_ Tangkoblarp January 12, 2023

Any a little update on this after a few years.....

I want Reports in Board to be Gadgets in Dashboard. for example:

- Time Tracking Report

- User Workload Report

- Version Workload Report

Now we already got "Workload Pie Chart Report" as gadget, which is nice!

But, When for other reports?

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2020

Hi @Praveen Gupta

Try our app Great Gadgets app for Jira & Confluence.

It offers many gadgets that covers most of the Jira reports: Control Chart, Velocity, Sprint Burndown, Velocity, Cumulative Flow Diagram, Kanban Throughput, WIP Aging Chart, Cycle Time Histogram and more. They are highly configurable. 

image.png

Also, many of these gadgets can display a Data tab, with the issue data that you might find more useful that the Jira reports. 

The Data tab showing the issues along with their cycle time

Danut

0 votes
Thomas.Schuler July 17, 2019

Agree with others here - i thought it plug in I missed installing when not finding CFD reports equivalent in Dashboard gadgets ..

Wonder what rational is here for not having CFDs on dashboards ?

Monitoring standard cumulative flow diagrams would be part of any agile SW project dashboard in my book ? Theres a created vs resolved gadget on dashboard - but this doesn't allow same statistic summary settings as report version does (Report allows showing summary data pr month over x-days ..)  

0 votes
Jonathan Moss June 1, 2019

I was looking for the same thing, and I'm surprised it isn't available. 

0 votes
cameron.conover May 9, 2019

Atlassian, this would be fantastic.

Suggest an answer