I want to add a form shortcut to the sidebar for users to access under a project

Clint Goad April 20, 2023

I can create the shortcut but need to be able to make it an easy choice for users to fill out the details to go to the manager for assignment.

Have done a lot of searching but can't find an answer.

I have full admin permissions I believe.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2023

Hello @Clint Goad !

I think you need to add the same form as a shortcut to your board to be submitted by all employees. If I understood your needs correctly, you may want to consider using the Smart Jira Forms add-on. This add-on provides the functionality to share forms via a link with both your teammates or externally. You can use the same form link on both JWM and JSM shortcuts. My team has found this solution to be particularly useful for conducting regular surveys. ➡️

Screenshot 2023-04-21 122715.png

Conditional logic allows you to have the same form for all employees, and questions will appear based on dependencies.

After submitting the form, all the collected data will be available in the Smart Jira Forms add-on report, or in the corresponding Jira ticket which can be created manually or automatically based on your preferences. Additionally, you can export the results in Excel.

I hope this will help you save time by eliminating the need for manual link sending.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hi @Clint Goad and welcome to the community,

If I understood well, what you need to do is:

• Go to forms > click the form you created
  • Click share > Click Copy Link
  • Go to Shortcuts > Add shortcut
  • Paste the copied link on the URL and give a name on your shortcut
  • Click Add

Keep in mind that "Forms" exists on JWM projects as well as on JSM projects. Currently JSW do not support forms. But if you have a JWM project and you create a form there, you can for sure create the link on your JSW project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events