I want to add a comment in case a ticket is in particular status for X, Y & Z number of days.

Abhimanyu August 25, 2022

I want to add a comment to my Support tickets went it is in a particular status (like Escalated) for 5 days then 10 days and then 20 days. 

I have tried using 'AND NOT status changed after -5d', 'AND NOT status changed after -10d' and 'AND NOT status changed after -20d' via the JQL condition but get this in the audit log when the rule is run.  (Please note TID-1 & TID-2 are the actually ticket ids where it should have added a comment)

The following issues did not match the condition:
TID-1, TID-2
the issue didn't match the specified JQL (most likely)
the chosen rule actor doesn't have permissions (or issue security level permissions) to view the issue
the issue was deleted or wasn't indexed by Jira yet (in rare circumstances)
We recommend using the 'Issue fields condition' for more consistent results.

Please note that TID-1 & TID-2 are the actual ticket ids where the automation should have added a comment. It can identify them but isn't adding the comment.

If any one can suggest a way around may be with "Advanced compare condition" they can share. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Abhimanyu 

You would need to create an Automation with Scheduled Trigger and Check the issues created for last Z number of days.

Along with that add the Condition

Condition.png

Once this is done, you will need a single select field to keep track of the notification sent for each ticket in a custom field and update it respectively.

Configure the same for other number of days as well

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks,
Pramodh

Abhimanyu August 26, 2022

" Automation with Scheduled Trigger" This part is fine, I have it scheduled to check every 12 hours, for the project and for the tickets in 'Escalated' status.

i cant use created date, since the time could be longer for few tickets and shorter for few. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events