I want to Integrate Jira Cloud to AWS CodeStar Application

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

Hi Community,

I want to Integrate Jira Cloud with AWS CodeStar , while doing integration I am not able to understand what I need to fill in Request Token URL and Access token URL.

Thanks in advance.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png 

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

Hi Mayur,

Allow me to first caution you that the AWS CodeStar - Jira integration seems all but well maintained from either Atlassian or AWS, as evidenced by the complete lack of docs and the partially defunct onboarding UX - it has seemingly never been updated since the first release in Apr 19th 2017, presumably because CodeStar itself is not exactly a big success story.

That being said, I've managed to get the integration somewhat working one way by simply duplicating the application URL in those fields as a dummy entry (make sure to check the 'Create incoming link' option) - background:

The next screen then allows you to add the consumer details and key, clicking through creates the application link with the following outcome:

• The 'Incoming authentication' from CodeStar to Jira works correctly, resulting in Jira issues showing up in the 'Issues' tab in the CodeStar console etc.
  • The 'Outgoing authentication' from Jira to CodeStar is likely defunct due to the dummy URLs, and I do not recall whether there has ever been a feature in Jira using that (the introductory blog post doesn't mention anything, and the AWS forum post also just skips this direction, guess the URLs had not yet been required back then)

Cheers,
Steffen

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events