I want more characters available when I edit an already created Epic name

Hello, I want more characters available when I edit an already created Epic name. It does appear that there is a limit of 35, how can this be increased? 

Regards

Fred

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Fred,

It appears that this has been a feature request in the past for JIra Cloud.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-6948 for details.   From looking at this request though, it was closed with the comment to make this appear like this is by design.

Epics have a Name and a Summary. The name is limited in length as it is intended for use in small spaces, where a quick differentiator is needed. The summary can still be used to provide more information.

As such it does not appear that there is any means to extend the size of this field.   Sorry that probably is not the answer you are looking for here, but I do not see any way to change this without changing the code in the Jira Software application. 

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

987 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot