I've upgraded our server to Ubuntu, and JIRA basically broke down.

bs-thomas August 15, 2017

I'm not sure why it broke down, but I'm not interested in knowing.

I would like to migrate our license to JIRA Cloud ASAP, as we're left with no running JIRA at the moment, is that possible?

I can provide our MySQL database, and all necessary files, and happy with work with your technician together, but I need this done as soon as possible.

Please kindly let me know, and the procedures to begin.

Thank you very much!

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

The only way to migrate to Cloud is to use an xml backup of your JIRA to populate a new Cloud site, and that assumes that you are on the latest version of JIRA.

If you've been allowing those to be generated regularly, you should be able to find one in <jira home>/exports and use that, but there's a good chance you'll have to upgrade it if you're on anything lower than JIRA 7.4.  You'll also need the attachments directory under <jira home>

Thanks Nic, and that was done after a painful trial and error approach.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Thomas,

I'm happy to hear you got migrated over and wish it wasn't so unpleasant.  In the future, you can refer to the Migrating from JIRA Server to JIRA Cloud knowledge base for instructions on what to do.

If you have a starter license you can open a support ticket and it will be routed to the community queue if you have a Starter license and you'll get a response.

If you have a paid license you can put in a support request with the Cloud team and they will be more than happy to assist with any migrations in the future!

Cheers,

Branden

bs-thomas August 16, 2017

Hello Branden,  Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately it was a part of my frustration to look at the link (which I've found previously already).

The major problem is the structure of the zip file, it wasn't so clearly explained.

This link solved my problem, which I would suggest Atlassian to update the documents based on a "tree graph" listed in this link, it tells a lot more visual in terms of how the importer should structure his restoration file:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-import-only-part-of-a-jira-export-into-jira-cloud-859461966.html

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

Better create a support ticket

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Unfortunately Atlassian has decided to give up on Starter plan clients...  No tickets for us.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017
bs-thomas August 16, 2017

While paying to a partner is an option, I realize it was a method, but it wasn't the quickest and most direct option.  Though I solved the issue.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer