I need to see logged hours by User

Sofia Grunspan January 13, 2021

I need to find a query that allows me create a report with the hours logged by user.
One issue is worked by several people (users) so I've made this:
worklogAuthor = currentUser() AND worklogDate = startOfDay()
And added to the list view the colum "Time Spent".
The problem is that in the column "Time Spent" I don't see the hours logged by user. I see the total.
There is any way in wich I can see just the hours logged per user without any addon or plug in?

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Sofia Grunspan,

With our app Dynamic Fields for Jira you can create issue fields that aggregate the time spent by user automatically.

Custom Dynamic Fields can  be used for statistics and JQL as any other Jira number field.

This is how the expression for your Dynamic Field could look like:

issue.changelogs.filter(entry => entry.author.accountId == 'USER_ACCOUNT_ID').flatMap(entry => entry.items.filter(item => item.fieldId == 'timespent')).map(item => Number(item.to) - Number(item.from || '0')).reduce((a,b) => a+b, 0)

This will give you the time spent in seconds, which is the default format used in Jira expressions. You can easily get in in minutes or hours by dividing by 60 or 3600 at the end of the Jira expression.

Please note that you would have to create a Dynamic Field for every user individually to create your report.

If you need help in setting up your custom Dynamic Fields, don't hesitate to get in touch with our support.

Sofia Grunspan January 15, 2021

Thanks, I was actually looking for some way to achieve it without resorting to add-ons or plug-ins, but I will consider this option.
Thanks again.

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Sofia Grunspan ,

I would suggest looking at the Workload Pie gadget, as this could be used to get a sum of all time per user as you can see : 

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 17.15.51.png

You can see how to enable this gadget in Atlassian documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/workload-pie-chart-report-720416073.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Sofia Grunspan January 13, 2021

Hi Alexis, unfortunately it doesn't help because the workload pie chart gadget shows me the statistic by assignee. And here I have one issue worked by lot of people besides the assignee. 
So I need to see the time logged in the issue by user, not assignee.
Anyways, thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer