I need to find out my server id, Can someone show me a link besides the jira wizard?

Justin Rose April 19, 2019

when i downloaded jira. the software says view license key and then im prompted to put in my server id which i have looked everywhere to find. I was told to go jira wizard to find it but its the same answer i found myself with no help. where is exactly is this server id? how do i long into jira admin because i have no idea. i log in and there is no settings icon where i can find anything. I payed just for jira for 10 dollars what is going on? i just need this server id right now if someone can help me.

thank you 

3 answers

0 votes
Justin Rose April 21, 2019

Thank you i just found this video on youtube. "How to setup jira on mac os" I just used the terminal to connect to tomcat and it took me to the jira dashboard. not sure how everything works but im working on the dashboard now.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2019

If you are running the newly installed Jira server for the first time, when you go to the url it is running on, it will take you through a setup wizard which asks you to paste in the licence. 

The server ID is given on that screen

There are ways to bypass that process though, so it is possible to get a Jira running without a licence, although most of it won't work (you can't write anything), and if you've managed that, then you need to go to Admin -> Licence and paste in the licence key.  Again, the server ID will be on that screen.

There's also Admin -> System information if the Jira is running.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

It's shown on the "System Info" page in the admin interface.  

Justin Rose April 19, 2019

all i know is i downloaded and payed for "Jira Software (Server) 10 Users: Starter License" and its asking me for this server id. i cant access anything. where is the admin interface. am i even logging into jira with what i payed for im so confused.

Suggest an answer