I'm unable to set the Epic Link in an automation rule.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Help! Can someone explain my automation rule issue with the Epic Link? I'm getting this message when I try to add the Epic Link to the newly created issue.

"Found multiple fields with the same name and type: . Epic Link (com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link)"

Is this possibly due to the new Parent method that is to replace the Epic Name/Link existing method? (edited) 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2022

Hi @Danno , I would recommend reaching out to Atlassian Support on this. Please keep us posted on your findings.

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2022

OK all, here's the deal. @Karoline Rezende Ramos I'm going to have to throw this one to @Jack Brickey as it was necessary to get rid of the "duplicate" system Epic link as opposed to trying to force it with field IDs.

The weird part is they didn't have a definitive answer as to how I got into this predicament in the first place. The belief is that it happens when you do a system restore. I'm grilling my contact for some more definitive answers.

I have moved Sandbox projects back to my main instance before but haven't noticed this being an issue in the past. All of the custom fields usually get displayed as (migrated) to give them a unique name. Very easy to run through and delete after the fact.

0 votes
Karoline Rezende Ramos December 15, 2022

Hello @Danno

In your instance is there more than one custom field called "Epic Link"?
If so, I suggest using the ID instead of the field name.

If I understand your question correctly, if not, can you share more details?

Thanks.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

Yes, I do have more than one Epic link although it only allows me to select one of them and it has the correct choice in it. I'm also working out how to try to change the field with smart values right now. I'll update as things progress.

Epic Link Issue Screenshot 2022-12-15 143849.png

Epic Link Issue Screenshot 2022-12-15 143849_2.png

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

So, I do have two Epic Link fields that are both Locked by the system. Can anyone explain how that happens?

Epic Link Issue Screenshot 2022-12-15 143849_3.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events