I'm unable to create boards in projects in the new Jira

Daniella Zelli December 21, 2017

I'm creating a new project based on a template we have set up for everyone to make their projects from. 

This template is a scrum project, which has a board enabled. 

When we create a new project from the template, we cannot create a board. The Atlassian help suggests that you should be able to create a board from the project, but we cannot do this. 

We have to find a project that already has a board (from our transition from old to new Jira) and only then can we access the "..." to then "Create board". 

We then have to move the board from this random project and move it to the one we want.

Is this an issue, or are we doing something wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Cloud or server?

If cloud can you access Create Board button via the View all boards?

magnifying glass > under Recent boards > view all boards ... you should see the Create Board button.

Daniella Zelli December 21, 2017

Cloud.

But - Ah! This is useful! 

I didn't know that view was available - this is a much easier way to access it all, thank you! :) 

I still think it's weird that I can't make boards when I'm in a project view - but this solves the problem for the moment.

Suggest an answer