I'm trying to link an issue to a version. I'm not using scrum.

Frank Kendlin February 8, 2018

I have configured a version for my project and I expect to be able to link issues to that version.  The drop down in the 'link issues' field does not offer 'affects version' as an option.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

You should add the Fix Version field to the create, edit and view screens. You will be able to link a version to an issue using this field.

Frank Kendlin February 9, 2018

Thanks Alexey.  The documentation gave me the impression that I would see this field in the link dropdown.  I don't have jira admin rights so I will ask our Jira admin to add it.

Frank

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Hi Frank,

a version is not comparable to an issue type. You can select a version in the Affects Version/s or Fix Version/s system field for example. So you add issues to a version. Issue links are used between issue types :)

Best, Max

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

For further reading let me link to the documentation:

Managing versions

Frank Kendlin February 9, 2018

Thanks Max.  I appreciate your help.  I had already read the documentation :) but it wasn't obvious that it was a separate field and my test project was not configured to display it.  I get it now though - cheers!

Suggest an answer