I'm missing Java home all of a sudden

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

So, I upgraded my server, but it specified that a few files were needed for the upgrade; setenv.sh server.xml web.xml and the like, so I moved those into position and attempted to stop the server to restart it.  It is now specifying that it can't find java_home.

As I used the bin file to install this, I had expected Java to be installed along side the jira app.  If that is the case, I need to know where and how to point the jira app at the installed java_home.  If that isn't the case, suggestions on what java to get, and where to implement a change so jira is happy again would be appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

@admin admin  Can you please check, what does below line prints,

$ echo $JAVA_HOME

If it prints noting, I think you need to set $JAVA_HOME manually in /etc/environment something like this,

PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin"

JAVA_HOME="/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin" # Add link to packaged JRE.

Then apply it and see if this time it prints  JAVA_HOME,

$ source /etc/environment
$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin

You are good to run Jira now.

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

I resolved this by entering it into the /etc/environment file

I am still unable to log in now however, but I will open another ticket for that, thank-you!

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

@admin admin  You are welcome.

Suggest an answer