I have some doubts for below factors

Sattar Baig September 7, 2022

Hi Team,

I have some doubts for below factors

• What all factors will effect Jira DC performance?
  • Which tools we can use to analyze logs in case of JIRA DC/Cloud?

could you please give us some references on atlassian documentation for same

2 answers

0 votes
Sattar Baig September 7, 2022

Hi Andy,

1. My question is simple in case of jira server/DC we face performance issues from application side sometimes, such as issues like JVM ERROR, Java version not updated etc. 
  2. I am searching for same on Atlassian site related to Jira performance regular Issues we face on application side. could you please give me some reference related for same(any documentation(URL).
  3. related to server logs(catalina, jira application logs) and would like to see them using any add on(Ex: Java melody etc)
0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

Hi Sattar, 

Thanks for using the Atlassian Community!  

I am not sure I understand you questions here.  There are a lot of different factors that could impact performance of a Jira Data Center instance.  Are you looking for something specific?  

In terms of analyzing logs, which logs are looking to analyze?  

Best, 

Andy

Sattar Baig September 8, 2022

• I am not sure I understand you questions here.  There are a lot of different factors that could impact performance of a Jira Data Center instance.  Are you looking for something specific?  

A) Yes, some documentation you recommend. we would like to migrate from server to JIRA DC this year and we are calculating in terms of performance. Atlassian is going to decommission Server Instance soon.

• In terms of analyzing logs, which logs are looking to analyze?  

A) I am also Jira Administrator and also have knowledge on analyzing logs. But my doubt is is there any add on so we can install and monitor logs without log into Application instance. Previously we have used Java melody plugin for monitoring jvm memory, cpu utilization, disk space etc.

Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2022

Hi Sattar, 

Thanks for the clarification!  

In terms of the Jira Data Center performance documentation, Jira Data Center can provide additional enhancements to performance over Jira Server if you make use of clustering to spread user load across multiple servers.  If you are just running a single node Jira Data Center instance on identical hardware it will have very similar (if not identical) performance to that of a Jira Server.  The two linked documents below may provide some insight into scaling Jira Data Center as well performance tests we have run:

These documents link many other documents as well that might be helpful as well.  Is that the type of documentation you were looking for?  

As far as the monitoring tools, there are 3rd party tools you can use to monitor Jira logs.  I believe there are some environments that are using something like Splunk for these purposes.  However that is not something that Atlassian would have documentation on.  That would be something unique that is configured for the environment.  Others here on the Community may be able to weigh in on what they do, but Atlassian does not recommend or support a specific log monitoring integration.  

Best, 

Andy

Suggest an answer