• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have closed my sprint using 'complete sprint'. But when i open my open up sprint report - it still says active sprint. And the same in issue navigator screen as well. The user story & its sub tasks have been completed and moved out.

I have closed my sprint using 'complete sprint'. But when i open my open up sprint report - it still says active sprint. And the same in issue navigator screen as well. The user story & its sub tasks have been completed and moved out.

Karthik Gowrishankar January 16, 2013

My PM has closed his 'sprint 2' in scrum board using 'complete sprint' button.

1. But when i open up the sprint report - it still says 'active sprint'. [ i do not see the active sprint 2 in the 'Plan' & 'Work Mode' though ]

2. And the same in Issue Navigator screen as well. The user story & its sub tasks have been completed and shows updated as Status - Done , Resolution - Done. But my Agile board does not show 'sprint 2' at all .

Note: I have attached a screenshot as well.

Thanks. Any help here will be greatly appreciated as I want my sprint report to show 'sprint completed' !?!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karthik Gowrishankar January 20, 2013

Karthik Gowrishankar January 20, 2013

The above report got generated all of a sudden without me tweaking anything. It happened on Friday evening. I am still not sure why it showed active sprint throughout thrusday & friday [ jan 17th, 18th ].

I know this is not an answer, but i solved my hard time as i was able to show that i have completed the required sprint.

0 votes
Alberto Campinho February 2, 2013

We have the same issue.

We use on-demand version, and all work done last week.

Steps done (the ones that I remember):

1. Have several sprint configured: Sprint 4 (active), and sprint 5, 6 and 7 prepared.
  2. Completed sprint 4, open issues moved to sprint 5 during completion process.
  3. Started sprint 5.
  4. Sprint 5 was replanned and the estimation finished.
  5. Changed the start time (from 3 pm to 5 pm) of sprint 5.
  6. On the report both sprint 4 and 5 appear as active.
  7. Only sprint 5 appear as active on the plan and work views.
  8. On the velocity chart there is no reference to sprint 4.

How can I close the sprint 4 and make it appear on velocity chart?

AFAIK, we don't have any other sprint with sprint 4 name (ful name is "BO 4 14/01 to 29/01").

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

Quite tough to debug this without the actual data. One question though. Did you anytime manually change the sprint values of issues by editing them directly in the issue?

Alberto Campinho February 3, 2013

Hi Renjith,

Can you be more clear in your question?

Thanks,

Alberto

For some reason I notice that the sprint is now closed.

Don't know if anyone did anything to get this closed.

Thanks,

Alberto

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Anyway my question was did you use a direct JIRA editing (rather than using GreenHopper) to change the value of the sprint field for issues.

I'm new to JIRA, so I don't clearly understand what is the difference that you are asking.

Are you talking about any particular screen or menu option?

Thanks,

Alberto

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Do you have two sprints with the same name? Check the drop-down.

EDIT: And it can come from another board in case the filter returns issues which are valid for that sprint.

Karthik Gowrishankar January 16, 2013

Hi Renjith,

We did have a older 'sprint 2' run initially [ jan 8th - jan 10th ].

but then deleted that old - 'sprint2', because we wanted to create a new 'sprint2' with appropriate requirements.

Hence we created this new 'sprint 2' [ jan 9th - jan 16th ] and worked on that, by enabling the 'parallel sprints' functionality in greenhopper labs.

We have only one Project - one scrumboard so far. So i think this is ruled out .

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

How did you delete after Sprint start? GH does not have a concept of deleting a sprint, AFAIK, right?

Database?

Can you dump the contents of the table "AO_60DB71_SPRINT" here?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

I would suspect it had to do with the process of deletion since that cannot be done thru the UI. If you don't want a sprint, remove its contents and complete it.

Karthik Gowrishankar January 17, 2013

Hi Renjith,

We deleted the required user story and then sprint got removed from 'plan' / 'work' mode that way.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Did I understand correctly? The sprint contained one user story > you deleted that user story > when you went back to plan/work mode, that sprint was no longer visible. Then, you created another sprint of the same name and that is the one you completed. But, it still shows it as active.

If this is true, it sounds like it kept the old name and that is the one then appearing as active and would be a bug for Greenhopper. Greenhopper shouldn't delete a sprint, even if no user stories are contained with it...but, don't know if I have interpretedy your situation correctly.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

That is not possible. Till the sprint is started the stories are not marked for the sprint. Karthak: Can you tell the exact steps that you did?

Suggest an answer