I have an problem with Application Access permission in Jira

Sang-Hyeok, Lee December 25, 2017

1. Behind reverse proxy(apache), Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket server running.

2. I've configured application link between jira, bitbucket, confluence.

3. I was happy with Confl, Bitb, Jira stack.

4. Jira directory server configured

5. Confluence, Bitbucket connected to Jira directory server

6. I can't find Confluence and Bitbucket access in Jira user access panel.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi,

Have you tried the steps in Connecting Bitbucket Server to JIRA for user management and Connecting to Crowd or Jira for User Management?  For example in Connecting to JIRA from Confluence article here are the first steps you must take in JIRA:

In your Jira application go to  > User Management > Jira User Server.
(For Jira 6.4 and earlier go to your Jira administration screen then Users > Jira User Server

• Click Add Application.
  • Enter the application name and password that Confluence will use when accessing Jira.
  • Enter the IP address or addresses of your Confluence server. Valid values are:
    • A full IP address, e.g. 192.168.10.12.
    • A wildcard IP range, using CIDR notation, e.g. 192.168.10.1/16. For more information, see the introduction to CIDR notation on Wikipedia and RFC 4632.
  • Save the new application.

Once you've done that, in Confluence you have to setup the JIRA user directory:

Set up the Jira user directory in Confluence:

• Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
  • Click 'User Directories' in the left-hand panel.
  • Add a directory and select type 'Atlassian Jira'.
  • Enter the settings as described below. When asked for the application name and password, enter the values that you defined for your Confluence application in the settings on Jira.
  • Save the directory settings.
  • (warning) Don't change the directory order until you have done the next step or you may accidentally lock yourself out of the Confluence admin console. 

From there you need to verify groups and members and determine the directory order.  Take a look at both of the articles I linked and let us know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer