I have a user who wants to get a notification via Slacks when a new ticket is created?

Pritesh Gohil January 25, 2021

What settings is needed?
When the ticket comes in it is unassigned?

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hi Pritesh, another tool you can use is the Jira Cloud for Slack integration. Just install the Jira Cloud for Slack app. Then, a user in Slack can connect a Jira project to a channel or DM with @[deleted] by typing in "/jira connect" in Slack. Then, they will get notifications for all new issues created in that project. After doing this, they can type in "/jira manage" to get more advanced notification settings.

Yash Sheetal Bhandarkar December 21, 2022

Hi @David Michelson ,

Is their a way such that when an user receives a notification on Slack, a ticket should get created in Jira.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil , 

you can do this with Automation : it's a new feature that is available for all Jira projects, where you can create rules and trigger actions.

For example, you could do a rule that says :

• Every time an issue is created
  • Send a Slack notification to xxx

You can have a look at the documentation here : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-automation-with-slack/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Mario Coluzzi January 25, 2024

This is not a viable solution as Jira sends Slack messages to channels rather than individual users in Slack.

However, there is a potential workaround where I can send the message to a specific user if their name remains constant. In order to do this, I would need to specify their @[deleted]. But what about sending the message to the approver if their name constantly changes?

Unfortunately, this workaround does not provide any satisfactory solution. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil

Maybe Project Lead should get the notification?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

FYI,

Have you configured Slack already and getting to know how to get notifications of unassigned issues in slack 

OR

Are you figuring out how to send in notifications for assigned users in slack

Anyways for the scenario, please follow @Alexis Robert answer

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin