It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I have a user who has a physical difficulty selecting values from the Single lists / multiple values

Adam Sterrie May 16, 2018

I have a user with Multiple Sclerosis. Their arms shake a bit which makes selecting one or more values from drop down lists with a mouse very difficult. Does anyone have any suggestion for making it easier for them to use Jira drop down menus? I am thinking especially of when you edit an issue and have to add or remove a value from a field which has more than one value.

1 answer

0 votes

@Adam SterrieDid you try to change field type to Radio button?

If issue related exactly to physical area size, that must be clicked from user - you can increase count of duplicated values.

Also user can Zoom browser window to increase field size.

Additionally you can install special custom fields, which size can be cofigured with your requirements.

Adam Sterrie May 16, 2018

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply. I am using radio buttons where I can (although some fields have too many values to put on a screen). I'm sure that the Zoom will help. There maybe some special mice and keyboards too that are more forgiving as well as mouse driver settings. It would be nice if it were possible to scroll down a drop down without losing the previous selection.

Ideally, Atlassian would provide a management display similar to the one used to assign issue types to an issue type scheme, that a user could use instead.

Regards,

Adam

@Adam SterrieHi Adam,Realisation of your targets is fully depends from necessity and possibility to change Jira interface. You can greatly change fields visualisation and it will be comfortable for this employees, but not for others. Is this user Customer or Service Desk member? You can separate interfaces and field views for example.

As I described before, you can install Custom Fields with open HTML code to configure it as you need. It should be solve issue with physicall restrictions, where selections is losing.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to prevent the propagation of unused project schemes, workflows & screens in Jira software

Atlassian ranks project attributes as the third most important factor impacting performance in the category of data. It’s not surprising, since project attributes are precisely the rules used to ma...

1,378 views 1 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you